Travis Denning released his current single, “After a Few,” in January 2019. Penned by Travis, Kelly Archer and Justin Weaver, the single will be featured on Travis’ upcoming six-song EP, Beer’s Better Cold (May 15).
“I think this song really is just about that story that a lot of people can relate to,” says Travis. “Being attracted to someone that probably logically in your head is not good, but something in your heart keeps taking you back.”
For country radio, something in your ear keeps taking you back to the song.
After 57 weeks, “After a Few” broke the record for most weeks (50: Easton Corbin’s “Girl Like You” and Aaron Watson’s “Outta Style”) needed to move into the Top 10 on the Billboard Country Airplay chart (April 13 chart).
After 60 weeks, “After a Few” broke the record for most weeks (59: Jimmie Allen’s “Make Me Want To”) spent on the Billboard Country Airplay chart (May 4 chart).
Currently, “After a Few” is No. 6 on the chart after 60 weeks. If the single reaches No. 1, it will shatter the record for most weeks (58: Jimmie Allen’s “Make Me Want To”) needed to reach the top of the chart.
Beer’s Better Cold Track List & Songwriters
1. “Where That Beer’s Been” (Rhett Akins, Travis Denning, Chris Stevens, Jeremy Stover)
2. “After a Few” (Kelly Archer, Travis Denning, Justin Weaver)
3. “ABBY” (Ashley Gorley, Matt Jenkins, Chase McGill)
4. “Tank of Gas and a Radio Song” (Travis Denning, Nathan Spicer, Shane Minor)
5. “Beer’s Better Cold” (Scooter Carusoe, Travis Denning, Cole Taylor)
6. “Sittin’ By a Fire” (Rhett Akins, Travis Denning, Jeremy Stover)
photo by Tammie Arroyo, AFF-USA.com